Quality PolicyWe are committed to maximizing customer satisfaction by providing quality products, delivered on time, at a competitive price and will achieve that goal through employee involvement that seeks continuous improvement within our organization.
Working closely with customers and suppliers, John Hassall seeks to develop and maintain a defect-free environment, delivering parts and services that meet and exceed customer expectations. Every employee in every department is dedicated to a continuous improvement philosophy stressing Total Quality Management (TQM).
Total Quality Management
Adopted in 1992, John Hassall’s TQM program has been thoroughly embraced plantwide and contributes to the daily success of the organization. Our TQM program works to achieve the following strategic goals:
- To meet and exceed customer expectations by reducing set-up/production times, thus maintaining on-time delivery schedules.
- To involve our employees on a daily basis in the continuous improvement of our manufacturing, as well as management systems.
- To efficiently manage all resources, ensuring the continuing viability of John Hassall by supplying parts to a customer's requirements at competitive pricing.
- A Lean/Six Sigma Methodology of Continuous Improvement under the direction of two Black Belts, one of which is a Master Black Belt.
- A Quality Management System, including procedures and work instructions assuring conformance to customer purchase order, blueprint and specification requirements...John Hassall’s Quality Manual is available upon request.
- Third party (PRI) certification that assures Hassall’s quality systems conform to ISO9001:2008 and AS 9100 standards.
- DQCR approvals (source approved Hassall quality representative on site) for various Pratt & Whitney Aircraft divisions, Volvo Aero, MTU, Honeywell, Avio, Rolls Royce and others.
- Defense Department QSLM approval.
- A NADCAP accredited Thermal Heat Treat Department, equipped with vacuum and atmospheric furnaces for hardening and tempering, solution & participation hardening and annealing; automated induction heaters for selective annealing and hardening, as well as cold treat freeze capability to -120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A complete Metallurgical Laboratory, operating under PWA LCS and GE S-400 guidelines, that performs destructive and non-destructive testing, as well as micro and macro evaluations of materials and parts ...assuring 100% traceability.
- A Quality Inspection Department which produces First Article Inspection Reports and meets the quality requirements for PPAP, AS9102, S-1002 and VSE submission packages.
- Value added engineering, backed up by an extensive in-house tool making capability.